Monday, January 2, 2012

"What's That You're Eating?!"

The college bowl games are on, and the men in my house are watching a pretty good one.  In the oven are fries, to be topped with canned chili, cheese and bacon.  Bleh!  Seriously?  I did not prepare them, and I won't be eating them.

I think, after the Advent and Christmas here, something more nutritious is in order for me.  For lunch, it'll be a turkey sandwich on whole grain bread, with lettuce and grainy mustard, and the remaining half of a grapefruit I had yesterday.  Water, water, water for me today, too.

Later, dinner will be chicken breast nuggets and sliced apples for them; salad with apples for me.  They get to eat the "junk" only because they'll do it even if I say no.  Dad's in charge, you know.

Yesterday, my husband and I went for a two-mile walk.  It was windier than we expected, but we remained upright (not an easy task till we got to the bottom of the hill), and it was a good workout.  It's very cold outside right now, and when it warms to the high 30s later, I may take a short stroll, just to keep my metabolism going.

I'm making after dinner my Scripture time, when I'm calm and receptive, and no one else is usually where I am.  But the format is very thought-provoking, so I may rework my day and read in the morning, so that I can ponder throughout my activities.  The "21-Day Plan for Busy Women" is different for me in that it's topic focused, and I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment