Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Daily Bible Reading -- 10 Days In

Sometimes it's easy to let a Bible reading program slip to the back burner.  I've done it before.  But I'm 10 days in and still daily reading the Word as part of the YouVersion "21-Day Plan for Busy Women" plan.

This Bible study/reading plan focuses on women in the Bible, and offers snippets into their lives and how God worked through and in them.  Pretty interesting.  I never thought of Delilah that way before.  Or Abigail.  (That King David, though, huh?  Wow.)

What I'm getting out of it:  A different perspective on how God uses us through daily living, to do His will, and to strengthen us.  He provides our Daily Bread, our "outs" in tough situations, and our joys.  He uses women differently than men, because of our roles in our societies through time.  Think about it; you know it's true.  Deborah, Esther, Mary, Priscilla.  Each to her own use, each according to her capability.

What I'm not getting out of it:  The intimacy of a small group Bible study.  Yes, there's the option of online community, and tools to be held accountable for my study.  Eh.  I like the personal contact, conversation and insight (not to mention coffee and cookies) of traditional studies.  But right now, this plan works for me, since I can't find a group to meet with regularly due to my fluctuating schedule.

This reading plan is helping me grow in my faith, and helping me realize there's more to trusting God than I thought.  It's about turning over our resources to do His work.  All of our resources.  It's a mindset that everything we do is for Him.  All the time, talent and treasure IS His, and we need to put those to use for Him.

I encourage all of you to find a Bible reading plan, and stick to it!  The value of just getting into God's Word is immeasurable.  If you don't have a Bible, and would like one, please Let Me Know!  I'll get you one.

No comments:

Post a Comment